The classic avocado toast gets a twist in this super simple Microgreens recipe using pakchoi Microgreens.
Avocado Toast with Carrot & Pakchoi Microgreens
Avocado is one of those fats that are great for kids. You can bake muffins and cake substituting avocados for butter (hurray!).
In this recipe, the rich and creamy texture of avocados combined with crunchy carrots and microgreens make a lip-smacking combo for breakfast, lunch or mid evening snack.
Though the recipe calls for carrots, you can also substitute them with roasted tomatoes or any tangy vegetable.
- 2 Bread Slices
- 1 ripe avocado mashed with a spoon
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 bunch of freshly clipped pakchoi Microgreens
- ½ tsp Oregano
- White pepper – as per taste
- Salt – as per taste
- Toast the bread slices
- Mix mashed avocado, grated carrots, pakchoi Microgreens, white pepper, oregano and salt.
- Generously spread the mix on the toast and serve with an extra sprinkling of pakchoi Microgreens.
This could work as a wonderful school lunch for slightly older kids.