This pasta recipe for kids uses bell peppers, a powerhouse of Vitamins A & C. It is nourishing, easy to make and sure to be a hit with the munchkins.
Serves: 3-4 people
Tri Colour Pepper Pasta Recipe For Kids
- 200 gms of dry pasta (penne or fusilli works best, but you can use spaghetti or anything actually!)
- Half of yellow, red and green pepper, thinly sliced
- Pasta sauce, readymade or home made
- 1 tbsp Coldpressed oil (I use sunflower or groundnut)
- Dried herbs, any or all of oregano, parsley, rosemary
- Garlic pods (if not already added in the sauce)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Cheese (any type), to taste
- Salt to taste
- Boil 1 lt of water. Add 1 tsp of salt and the dry pasta. Cook as per instructions. Save some pasta water before draining.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coldpressed oil. If sauce does not contain garlic, add in chunkily cut or whole garlic. Let them brown.
- On high heat, add in the tri-coloured peppers and do a quick stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add in sauce as needed and the boiled pasta. Mix.
- Pour in some of the pasta water (substitute with chicken stock for a flavourful punch) to keep the mixture moist. Cook until pasta sauce is nearly dry.
- Serve on plate. Drizzle olive oil or a pat of butter on pasta.
- Garnish with fresh basil and cheese.
Cold Pasta Salad
The same can be converted into a cold pasta salad by
- Reducing or eliminating sauce
- Cooling and setting pasta in the fridge for 1-4 hours.