Waffles are a magical recipe to instantly lift up dull breakfasts days. Kids absolutely love this unconventionally shaped food and most will be excited to try them without much fuss.
Homemade Whole Wheat Waffles Recipe
Much like Homemade pancakes, these crispy and whole wheat waffles make great breakfast favorites for kids without having to throw the health pill out of the window. You can up your breakfast/ snack game by swapping the maida for atta (thereby increasing the fiber and minerals) and serve with homemade strawberry sauce (or jam) or fresh fruits.
If you’re wondering how to make perfectly shaped waffles at home, we found this amazing Waffle maker on Amazon. They are basic waffle making mould pan which can be used over the regular cooking flame. Below are the ingredients and cooking method.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup atta (whole wheat flour)
- Preheat the waffle iron. While the irons are heating, beat the eggs until they turn to a cloud-like fluff.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients until it forms a cream like consistency. Fold in the egg mix and give it a light whisk.
- Coat the waffle pan with a bit of butter. Add a scoop of the waffle batter and spread evenly. Cook for about 10-15 minutes on low flame until the sides turn crispy and brown.
- You can serve them with almost any toppings of your choice! Our favorites are peanut butter, strawberry sauce, chocolate shavings or just fresh fruits with maple syrup.
Try this simple Homemade Whole Wheat Waffles Recipe and share your kids reactions to them, in the comments below!