Microgreens Dip for Kids: Caramelised Onion & Red Cabbage
The beauty of this dish lies in it’s lovely color! This versatile vegetable tunes itself well to salads, dips or just soups. Plus it delivers it’s dose of healthy vitamins. What’s not to love!
What we really like about this Microgreens Dip for Kids, though, is how quick and simple it is to make. The crunchiness of red cabbage microgreens makes the dip fresh and light to savour. The recipe is below!
- 2 medium sized onions cut lengthwise
- ½ cup sour cream
- A small bunch of freshly clipped red cabbage microgreens
- 1/4th tsp powdered jaggery
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil/butter
- Heat oil/butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook until they turn golden brown. The caramelized onions are ready. Now let them cool.
- Take a bowl and fold the sour cream with caramelized onions. Add red cabbage microgreens, salt and jaggery.
Serve this dip with nachos, vegetable sticks or use as spread on toasts/paranthas.
Source: The First Leaf
Wondering about the benefits of microgreens for kids (and also adults)? Read here to learn.