Winter Millet Salad with Chia Microgreens
Millet, we all know, is a superfood. It’s gluten free and packed with iron, vitamins, and calcium.You can pair it with absolutely as many winter veggies to create a nutritious wholesome meal for your little ones. Throw in the Omega 3 champ- Chia Microgreens. And voila! You have in front of you a meal that’s healthy. hearty. And absolutely hog-worthy!
- 1 cup millet soaked for 8-9 hours
- 1/4th cup baby carrots chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted and diced
- 1/4th cup broccoli florets
- 1/4th cup sweet corn kernels
- Handful of freshly cut chia microgreens
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp avocado butter oil / extra virgn olive oil
- Salt to taste
- A dash of freshly ground pepper
1. Cooking Millets
Drain and rinse millets. Now add them to a saucepan with 2 cups of water/vegetable broth. Add a
pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes on a medium flame until the water completely evaporates.
2. Preparing the Salad
Add vegetables to the millets and mix. Now add the dressing and chia microgreens and mix again. Serve warm.
Source: The First Leaf